37 releases (24 stable)
|3.4.1||Sep 2, 2023|
|3.3.1||Dec 18, 2022|
|3.2.0||Oct 9, 2022|
|2.0.3||Oct 7, 2021|
|0.1.12||Jun 3, 2021|
#37 in Images
243 downloads per month
Simp is a fast and simple GPU-accelerated image manipulation program.
- Support of as many image formats as possible.
- 60 Hz. Avoid blocking for more than 16ms.
- Flicker free redrawing.
- Smooth resizing.
- Always use GPU-acceleration where possible.
- Desktop OS support.
- Basic image manipulation.
- Powerful image manipulation (I am not making the next photoshop)
- Web/Mobile platform support.
|Windows||Primary development platform and the most well tested.|
|Linux||Aur package is tested on wayland.|
|MacOS||MacOS compiles but is not well tested.|
|NetBSD||Native package available.|
|JPEG||✅ Baseline and progressive||✅ Baseline|
|TIFF||✅ Baseline(no fax support) + LZW + PackBits||✅|
|WebP||✅ Converted to Rgba8||✅ Lossless only|
|AVIF||🚧 Only 8-bit (1)||❌|
|PNM||✅ PBM, PGM, PPM, standard PAM||❌|
|DDS||✅ DXT1, DXT3, DXT5||❌|
|SVG||✅ Rastarized at 96 dpi (2)||❌|
|Raw||✅ Support from rawloader (3)||❌|
|OpenEXR||✅ Rgb32F, Rgba32F (no dwa compression)||✅ Rgb32F, Rgba32F (no dwa compression)|
- Building with AVIF support requires the C library dav1d and is therefore not enabled by default.
- SVGs are rastarized because Simp is primarily a bitmap image editor.
- Most common cameras are supported but the colors may look weird because the standard curve may not fit all images.
- HEIF/HEIC is not supported because it is currently very hard to link libheif on windows.
|Open image||Ctrl + O|
|Save as||Ctrl + S|
|New window||Ctrl + N|
|Undo||Ctrl + Z|
|Redo||Ctrl + Y|
|Copy||Ctrl + C|
|Paste||Ctrl + V|
|Resize||Ctrl + R|
|Zoom in||- or Mousewheel up|
|Zoom out||+ or Mousewheel down|
|Crop||Ctrl + X|
|Fullscreen||F11 or F|
|1 - 9||100% - 900% Zoom|
|Previous image||A or Left arrow|
|Next image||D or Right arrow|
System dependencies are only required at compile time.
sudo apt-get install libgtk-3-dev libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-shape0-dev libxcb-xfixes0-dev libspeechd-dev libxkbcommon-dev libssl-dev
The dav1d library is required to be installed to build with AVIF support.
cargo install simp --locked
yay -S simp
A pre-compiled binary is available from the official repositories. To install it, simply run:
pkgin install simp
Latest from github
cargo install --git https://github.com/Kl4rry/simp --locked
The latest build is very likely buggy and unfinished. You can always also just grab the latest binary from actions build artifacts.
Just download the exe from the releases tab. No actual installation is required.
It's an acronym (S)imple (i)mage (m)anipulation (p)rogram.