|0.0.5||Mar 11, 2021|
|0.0.4||Mar 8, 2021|
|0.0.3||Mar 6, 2021|
|0.0.2||Mar 6, 2021|
|0.0.1||Mar 6, 2021|
#16 in Rendering engine
23 downloads per month
Easy to use, customizable, efficient 3D renderer library built on wgpu.
Library is currently under heavy development and the api will rapidly change as things are factored. While it's still in development, rend3 is able to be used to build programs.
Rend3 is not currently release on crates.io, to use it add the following to your Cargo.toml:
rend3 = "0.0.5"
Take a look at the examples for examples on how to use the api.
rend3 tries to fulfill the following usecases:
- Games and visualizations that need a customizable and efficient renderer.
- Small projects that just want to put objects on screen, but want lighting and effects.
- A small cog in a big machine: a renderer doesn't interfere with the rest of the program.
rend3 is not:
- A renderer for AAA games. AAA games have requirements far beyond any possible indie game and would be unreasonable to target.
- A framework or engine. It does not include all the parts needed to make an advanced game or simulation nor care how you structure
your program. I do have plans for a
rend3-util(or similar) crate that is a very basic framework for the second use case listed above.
I have grand plans for this library. An overview can be found in the issue tracker under the enhancement label.
License: MIT OR Apache-2.0 OR Zlib