4 releases (breaking)
Uses new Rust 2021
|0.3.0||May 2, 2022|
|0.2.0||Mar 31, 2021|
|0.1.0||Nov 26, 2020|
|0.0.0||May 21, 2020|
#224 in Graphics APIs
1,456 downloads per month
Used in 10 crates (2 directly)
This renderer is mostly used as a fallback for hardware that doesn't support
wgpu (Vulkan, Metal or DX12).
iced_glow supports the following primitives:
- Text, which is rendered using
glow_glyph. No shaping at all.
- Quads or rectangles, with rounded borders and a solid background color.
- Clip areas, useful to implement scrollables or hide overflowing content.
- Meshes of triangles, useful to draw geometry freely.
iced_glow as a dependency in your
iced_glow = "0.2"
Iced moves fast and the
master branch can contain breaking changes! If
you want to learn about a specific release, check out the release list.
The current implementation is quite naive, it uses:
- A different pipeline/shader for each primitive
- A very simplistic layer model: every
Clipprimitive will generate new layers
- Many render passes instead of preparing everything upfront
- A glyph cache that is trimmed incorrectly when there are multiple layers (a
Some of these issues are already being worked on! If you want to help, get in touch!