8 releases (4 breaking)
|0.4.0||Mar 31, 2021|
|0.3.0||Nov 26, 2020|
|0.2.3||May 30, 2020|
|0.2.2||Apr 26, 2020|
|0.0.0||Aug 26, 2019|
5,390 downloads per month
Used in 9 crates (4 directly)
iced_wgpu supports the following primitives:
- Text, which is rendered using
wgpu_glyph. No shaping at all.
- Quads or rectangles, with rounded borders and a solid background color.
- Clip areas, useful to implement scrollables or hide overflowing content.
- Images and SVG, loaded from memory or the file system.
- Meshes of triangles, useful to draw geometry freely.
iced_wgpu as a dependency in your
iced_wgpu = "0.4"
Iced moves fast and the
master branch can contain breaking changes! If
you want to learn about a specific release, check out the release list.
The current implementation is quite naive, it uses:
- A different pipeline/shader for each primitive
- A very simplistic layer model: every
Clipprimitive will generate new layers
- Many render passes instead of preparing everything upfront
- A glyph cache that is trimmed incorrectly when there are multiple layers (a
Some of these issues are already being worked on! If you want to help, get in touch!