18 releases (11 breaking)
|0.11.1||Aug 2, 2023|
|0.11.0||Jul 28, 2023|
|0.10.0||Apr 13, 2023|
|0.9.0||Feb 18, 2023|
|0.1.0||Nov 25, 2019|
#69 in GUI
15,525 downloads per month
Used in 35 crates (7 directly)
iced_wgpu supports the following primitives:
- Text, which is rendered using
wgpu_glyph. No shaping at all.
- Quads or rectangles, with rounded borders and a solid background color.
- Clip areas, useful to implement scrollables or hide overflowing content.
- Images and SVG, loaded from memory or the file system.
- Meshes of triangles, useful to draw geometry freely.
iced_wgpu as a dependency in your
iced_wgpu = "0.10"
Iced moves fast and the
master branch can contain breaking changes! If
you want to learn about a specific release, check out the release list.
The current implementation is quite naive; it uses:
- A different pipeline/shader for each primitive
- A very simplistic layer model: every
Clipprimitive will generate new layers
- Many render passes instead of preparing everything upfront
- A glyph cache that is trimmed incorrectly when there are multiple layers (a
Some of these issues are already being worked on! If you want to help, get in touch!