11 releases (6 breaking)
|0.8.1||Sep 17, 2021|
|0.8.0||Aug 5, 2021|
|0.7.2||Mar 25, 2021|
|0.6.0||Oct 20, 2020|
|0.1.2||Feb 27, 2020|
#167 in Cryptography
121 downloads per month
PARSEC is the Platform AbstRaction for SECurity, an open-source initiative to provide a common API to hardware security and cryptographic services in a platform-agnostic way. This abstraction layer keeps workloads decoupled from physical platform details, enabling cloud-native delivery flows within the data center and at the edge.
Read the Parsec documentation online.
Read the whitepaper Security for the Infrastructure Edge.
Use Parsec when you need:
- A portable interface to your platform's Root of Trust in order to manage keys and perform cryptographic operations without knowledge of the hardware.
- A simple and portable way to access the best available security of your platform in your preferred programming language.
The value proposition of Parsec is that it provides the following:
- Abstraction – a common API that is truly agnostic and based on modern cryptographic principles
- Mediation – security as a microservice, brokering access to the hardware and providing isolated key stores in a multi-tenant environment
- Ergonomics – a client library ecosystem that brings the API to the fingertips of developers in any programming language: “easy to consume, hard to get wrong”
- Openness – an open-source project inviting contributions to enhance the ecosystem both within the service and among its client libraries
PARSEC is a collaborative project. The current list of the individuals and organizations who maintain this project can be found here.
See who is using and contributing to PARSEC.
If you are running on x86 Linux, check out this guide to get started with Parsec quickly!
For examples of how to access PARSEC as a client application, check this Rust client documentation.
Come and ask questions or talk with the Parsec Community in our Slack channel or biweekly meetings. See the Community repository for more information on how to join.
The software is provided under Apache-2.0. Contributions to this project are accepted under the same license.