|new 0.0.12||Mar 29, 2023|
|0.0.11||Mar 26, 2023|
#8 in Visualization
240 downloads per month
It is a standalone desktop bar that can be used with various WMs and DEs. This bar aims to become one of the most full-featured bars available.
- Flexibility and pluggability of information sources from existing ecosystems
- Arbitrary scripts
- PNG image embedding that could be rendered by a source script at runtime.
- External plugins are preferred, but the most basic modules are embedded: EWHM, layouts, clock, etc.
- Conversion of string sources to other types (numbers, bytes, percentages) that could be rendered by specialize widgets
- Native Pango markup support
- Source data cleaning via regexes so inflexible source module data can be cleaned inside of the
cargo via the package manager or http://rustup.rs.
# pacman -Sy pango cairo libxcb pkgconf
# apt-get install -y build-essential pkg-config libcairo2-dev libpango1.0-dev libx11-xcb-dev
$ cargo install oatbar
During the first launch the bar will create a default config at
~/.config/oatbar.toml that should work on most machines. The configuration
format is not documented and can change at any time, but it can be
src/config.rs. It will be documented when it
becomes more or less stable.
This is not an officially supported Google product.