18 releases (4 breaking)
|0.7.9||Dec 21, 2022|
|0.7.4||Nov 19, 2022|
|0.4.0||Jul 31, 2022|
#168 in Math
40 downloads per month
A utility to calculate the level of change and the next semantic version number based on the conventional commits since the last version tag.
- Calculate next semantic version number
- Calculate the level to change for next semantic version number
- Support basic semantic version components: Major, Minor, and Patch
- Check for required files (e.g. CHANGELOG.md)
- Set level of change (Breaking, Feature, Fix, Other) at which required files are required
- Check that any changes made meet a specified level
- Support pre-release versions (alpha, beta, rc)
- Handle case where no tag is found
- Update to release version (removing pre-release identifiers)
Install the CLI using cargo install.
cargo install nextsv
Run in your project directory and check the version
$ nextsv --version nextsv 0.7.9
Running the application provides the level for the next semantic version change.
$ nextsv [2022-08-03T06:33:54Z INFO nextsv] Calculating the next version level minor
Help provides all the options
$ nextsv -h jerusdp <email@example.com> Next semantic version calculator USAGE: nextsv [OPTIONS] OPTIONS: -f, --force <FORCE> Force the calculation of the version number [possible values: major, minor, patch, first] -h, --help Print help information --level Report the level of the version number change --number Report the version number -p, --prefix <PREFIX> Prefix string to identify version number tags [default: v] -q, --quiet Pass many times for less log output -v, --verbose Pass many times for more log output -V, --version Print version information $
A clean response of the level to update is reported using the -q flag.
$ nextsv -q minor
This can be used with
cargo release to update and publish a new release.
cargo release $(nextsv -q)
To use the library add the crate to dependencies in the project's Cargo.toml.
[dependencies] nextsv = "0.7.9"