|0.5.1||Dec 15, 2021|
|0.5.0||Nov 27, 2021|
|0.5.0-beta.3||Aug 27, 2021|
|0.5.0-beta.1||Aug 25, 2021|
#3 in #lightning-network
961 downloads per month
Used in 11 crates (via lnpbp)
The repository represents a set of libraries implementing LNP/BP specifications https://github.com/LNP-BP/LNPBPs not fitting into a scope of other existing LNP/BP core libraries (client-side-validation, BP, LNP, RGB, invoicing). It can be used to simplify development of layer 2 & 3 solutions on top of Lightning Network and Bitcoin blockchain.
Currently, the repository contains the following crates:
lnpbp_bech32: library implementing LNPBP-14 standard of Bech32 encoding for client-side-validated data.
lnpbp_chain: library providing chain parameters for bitcoin-related blockchains;
lnpbp_elgamal: library implementing LNPBP-31 standard for ElGamal encryption using Secp256k1 curve;
- LNPBP umbrella crate containing all aforementioned libraries.
Other libraries, implementing LNP/BP specifications, not included in this crate:
- Client-side-validation foundation libraries
- Bitcoin protocol core library
- Lightning network protocol core library
- RGB core library implementing confidential & scalable smart contracts for
Bitcoin & Lightning (
- Universal invoicing library
The current list of the projects based on these libraries include:
- RGB Node
- LNP Node enabling:
- RGB extensions
- DLC extensions
- Lightspeed payments
- Multi-peer channels
- Faster lightning experiments (quicker adoption of eltoo, Taproot etc)
- BP Node: Indexing service for bitcoin blockchain; more efficient & universal Electrum server replacement. In perspective - validating Bitcoin network node (using libbitcoinconsus)
Potentially, with LNP/BP libraries you can simplify the development of
- Discreet log contracts
- Implement experimental lightning features
- Do complex multi-threaded or elastic/dockerized client-service microservice architectures
The development of the libraries is supported by LNP/BP Standards Association.
Minimum supported rust compiler version (MSRV): 1.47.0 (if command-line tool is not used) and 1.54.0 (otherwise).
git clone https://github.com/lnp-bp/rust-lnpbp cd rust-lnpbp cargo build --release --all-features
The library can be found in
You can run full test suite with:
cargo test --workspace --all-features
Please refer to the
for more detailed instructions.
Add these lines to your
Cargo.toml file at the very end of the
lnpbp = "~0.5.0" lnpbp_bech32 = "~0.5.0" lnpbp_chain = "~0.5.0" lnpbp_elgamal = "~0.5.0"
Contribution guidelines can be found in a separate CONTRIBUTING file
Altcoins and "blockchains" other than Bitcoin blockchain/Bitcoin protocols are not supported and not planned to be supported; pull requests targeting them will be declined.
See LICENCE file.