5 releases (3 breaking)
|0.4.1||May 2, 2023|
|0.4.0||Apr 30, 2023|
|0.3.0||Apr 16, 2023|
|0.2.0||Dec 11, 2022|
|0.1.0||Nov 13, 2022|
#673 in Game dev
100 downloads per month
What is Kayak UI?
Kayak UI is a declarative UI that can be used to make user interfaces in Rust primarily targeting games. It's free and open-source!
Check out the book! Kayak UI Book
Kayak UI is in the very early stages of development. Important features are missing and some documentation is missing. Kayak UI is designed to only work with Bevy.
- Easy to use declarative syntax using a custom proc macro
- Basic widget and global state management
- Input events (Mouse, Keyboard, Char)
- Fast and accurate layouts using morphorm: https://github.com/geom3trik/morphorm
- A few default widgets (check out Kayak's built-in widgets!)
- Style system built to kind of mimic CSS styles.
- Image and Nine patch rendering.
- Vec widgets see vec example!
Bevy Renderer Features
- Image and NinePatch renderer
- Fast MSDF Font renderer
- Quad renderer with rounded corners.
- Custom UI node to ensure UI renders on top of 3D and 2D entities.
- Fully integrated into bevy to capture input events, use bevy assets(images, etc).
- Dpi Scaling
- Batched Rendering
- Opacity Layers
- Custom Materials
- More default widgets.
- More events
0.10! Make sure the version of Kayak you are using uses the same version of bevy.
kayak_ui = "0.4" bevy = "0.10"
Check out the book!