✓ Uses Rust 2018 edition
|0.1.1||Oct 7, 2019|
|0.1.0||Oct 7, 2019|
#109 in Math
47 downloads per month
Used in 5 crates (4 directly)
A 251-bit prime field suitable for FFTs.
- Perfomance optimized for Native and WebAssembly
- Later: Constant-time operations.
const fnover procedural macros.
For optimization, there are a few different scenarios:
Note: The modulus is always assumed to be 256bit or less.
- Programmer time known fields. The programmer can supply hand tuned optimized implementations of various algorithms. Ideally well performing defaults are provided.
- Compiler time known fields. The compiler can compute constants, for example for Montgomery representation. The field parameters should be inlined.
- Statically runtime known fields. Modulus is not known during compilation (but it's size is). Element membership of a particular field is known at compile time. The field parameters should statically allocated and the pointers inlined.
- Dynamically runtime known fields. Modulus is not known during compilation (but its size is). Element membership of a particular field is not known at compile time. The field element should carry a pointer to the field parameters.
Checkout master branch:
cargo bench --bench benchmark -- --save-baseline master
cargo bench --bench benchmark -- --baseline master open target/criterion/report/index.html
Benchmarking using Mac OS' instrumentation. For this we need the
cargo-instruments plugin for Cargo.
cargo install cargo-instruments
You can then run tests under profiling. It is recommended to filter for a specific test.
cargo instruments --release --bench benchmark --open [test name]
- A sophisticated rust implementation of Curve25519. https://github.com/dalek-cryptography/curve25519-dalek
- A rust library for constant time algorithms. https://github.com/dalek-cryptography/subtle
- Probably the most tuned curve out there.
- Rust bindings: https://crates.io/crates/secp256k1
- Rust port: https://crates.io/crates/libsecp256k1
- A fork of secp256k1 favouring performance over constant-timeness. https://github.com/llamasoft/secp256k1_fast_unsafe
- ZCash implementation of Sappling: https://github.com/zkcrypto/bellman
- Fast implementation of zksnark in java https://github.com/scipr-lab/dizk
- Handbook of Applied Cryptography http://cacr.uwaterloo.ca/hac/
- Guide to Elliptic Curve Cryptography https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/cryptography/Hankerson,%20Menezes,%20Vanstone.%20Guide%20to%20elliptic%20curve%20cryptography%20(Springer,%202004)(ISBN%20038795273X)(332s)CsCr.pdf