59 releases (20 stable)
✓ Uses Rust 2018 edition
|3.1.1||Sep 29, 2019|
|3.0.2-beta||Jul 10, 2019|
|2.0.4||Aug 3, 2019|
|2.0.3||Jun 22, 2019|
|0.3.1||Mar 22, 2015|
#1 in Authentication
5,635 downloads per month
Used in 446 crates
yup-oauth2 is a utility library which implements several OAuth 2.0 flows. It's mainly used by google-apis-rs, to authenticate against Google services. (However, you're able to use it with raw HTTP requests as well; the flows are implemented as token sources yielding HTTP Bearer tokens).
The provider we have been testing the code against is also Google. However, the code itself is generic, and any OAuth provider behaving like Google will work as well. If you find one that doesn't, please let us know and/or contribute a fix!
- Device flow (user enters code on authorization page)
- Installed application flow (user visits URL, copies code to application, application uses code to obtain token). Used for services like GMail, Drive, ...
- Service account flow: Non-interactive authorization of server-to-server communication based on public key cryptography. Used for services like Cloud Pubsub, Cloud Storage, ...
Please have a look at the API landing page for all the examples you will ever need.
A simple commandline program which authenticates any scope and prints token information can be found in the examples directory.
The video below shows the auth example in action. It's meant to be used as utility to record all server communication and improve protocol compliance.
Version 1.x for Hyper versions bellow 12 Version 2.x for Hyper versions 12 and above
Licensed under either of
- Apache License, Version 2.0, (LICENSE-APACHE or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT license (LICENSE-MIT or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.