4 releases (breaking)
|Oct 29, 2023
|Oct 21, 2023
|Oct 5, 2023
|Sep 30, 2023
#4 in #wander
126 downloads per month
Wander is a programming language designed for extending applications. Its main use case is to be used as a library by another application (or library) instead of being used to compile to native code or bytecode like Wasm or the JVM or be ran as a script directly like Ruby or Python usually are.
It does this by focusing on several areas:
- Embeddability, Wander is intended to be ran from inside of another program, this is the main use case for the language
- Size, Wander has a small core that is designed to be flexible, this also helps with embedding both in terms of physical size and ease of interfacing with other programming languages
- Portability, Wander already partially supports being integrated into projects using Rust, JVM, .NET, JS, or Wasm
- Dynamicity, Wander tries to combine it's type system with runtime dynamicity in a way that is productive and will help catch common errors
- Usability, Wander tries to lower as many barriers to entry for beginners while allowing experienced users a familar toolset
This project is very new, so expect a lot of breaking changes during design and experimentation.
Crates in this repo
|The main crate that includes the parser + data model + interpreter for Wander.
|A basic REPL for Wander based on rustyline.
|A simple egui based desktop application for working with Wander.
|Wasm support for Wander based on wasm-bindgen.
|The main website + documentation for Wander.
|A set of web components for working with Wander.
|An Integrated Development Environment for Wander.
This module is the library module for the ligature-repl project.