15 unstable releases (3 breaking)
✓ Uses Rust 2018 edition
|0.3.3||Mar 7, 2020|
|0.3.0||Feb 29, 2020|
|0.2.1||Dec 2, 2019|
|0.2.0||Nov 2, 2019|
|0.0.3||Dec 19, 2018|
#380 in Command line utilities
148 downloads per month
Currently nsh is incomplete and not yet stable. Succeeded in crashing nsh? Let me know!
A command-line shell that focuses on productivity and swiftness featuring:
- A POSIX compliant interactive shell with some Bash extensions.
- Tab completions and syntax highlighting.
- A builtin interactive fuzzy completion filter.
- Builtin zero configration features.
- Written in Rust 🦀
$ cargo install nsh
Bash is the best for executing shell scripts but its interactive mode is not satisfactory. I am a zsh user for the last decade but I don't need customizability and got tired of making my zshrc faster. Fish is really neat but I prefer old-fashioned, traditional, and ergonomic shell syntax.
nsh is in alpha stage: there are many missing features which Bash provides, there are kludges in source code, and there must be bugs. To make nsh practical for daily use, I need your help!
- Report bugs in GitHub issues. Please attach a minimal reproducible example (e.g. shell script) if possible. It helps me to fix the bug easier.
- Suggest enhancements in GitHub issues.
- Submit a Pull Request which implements a new feature, fixes a bug, refactors code, rephrases sentences in documentation, etc.
CC0 or MIT. Choose whichever you prefer.