|0.1.3||Apr 17, 2022|
|0.1.2||Apr 14, 2022|
|0.1.1||Apr 14, 2022|
#246 in Programming languages
37 downloads per month
Used in neptune-cli
Contains (Windows DLL, 56KB) mimalloc-redirect.dll, (Windows DLL, 40KB) mimalloc-redirect32.dll, (static library, 3KB) mimalloc-redirect.lib, (static library, 3KB) mimalloc-redirect32.lib
Neptune is a dynamically typed scripting language
- Embeddability: It can be embedded in any rust application. Synchronous or asynchronous rust functions can be used by a neptune script.
- Performance: It performs better than most interpreted(JITless) scripting languages. See Benchmarks for a comparison with lua, nodejs and ruby.
- Security: It is impossible to do any kind of undefined behaviour(including integer overflow)
- It is trivial to write asynchronous code
- An error in a task does not always terminate the whole application and can be handled gracefully.
- There are no function colors.
- Small implementation
- String Interpolation
- Optional semicolons
- UTF-8 strings
- and much more...
The CLI be installed by the command given below. You must have the rust compiler and a C++ compiler. The C++ compiler can be set using the CXX environment variable. Clang is recommended for best performance.
cargo install neptune-cli
At the moment the CLI has a few basic functions and a REPL. The REPL supports multiline entries and the following shortcuts.
|Ctrl-L||Clear the screen|
|Up arrow||Previous history entry|
|Down arrow||Next history entry|
To embed it in rust you can use the library from crates.io.
- CLI - Standard library, external modules
- Buffer type