|0.1.2||Sep 15, 2023|
|0.1.1||Aug 17, 2023|
|0.1.0||Aug 10, 2023|
#41 in Geospatial
43 downloads per month
A map canvas showing OSM tiles with drawing functionality. The repo contains two binaries,
- mapvas: the map window
- mapcat: an equivalent to cat to draw polygons on the map.
Make sure you have the nighly Rust toolchain installed.
- Install Rust.
- Install the nightly toolchain
rustup toolchain install nightly
- Clone this repository.
cd mapvas ; cargo +nightly install --path .
cargo +nightly install mapvas
mapvas and a map window will appear.
|zoom||Use the mouse wheel or +/-|
|moving||Left mouse and dragging or arrow keys|
Mapcat currently reads only input from stdin and reads it line by line and pipes and uses it using various parser. It then shows the parsed result on a single instance of mapvas, which it spawns if none is running.
This parser greps for coordinates latitude and longitude as float in a line. In addition it supports colors and filling of polygons. Examples:
- draws a point at Berlin Alexanderplatz:
echo "52.521853, 13.413015" | mapcat
- draws a line between Berlin and Cologne and a red line between Cologne and Amsterdam:
echo "50.942878, 6.957936 52.521853, 13.413015 green\n 50.942878, 6.957936 52.373520, 4.899766 red" | mapcat
- draws a yellow polyline Cologne-Berlin-Amsterdam:
echo "50.942878, 6.957936 random garbage words 52.521853, 13.413015 yellow spaces after the coordinate-comma is not important: 52.373520,4.899766" | mapcat
- draws a blue transparently filled polygon Cologne-Berlin-Amsterdam note that a fill ("transparent" or "solid"):
echo "50.942878, 6.957936 52.521853, 13.413015 52.373520,4.899766 blue transparent" | mapcat
- --invert-coordinates (-i) reverses the order of lat/lon:
echo "13.413015, 52.521853" | mapcat -i
Filling a polyline causes it to be drawn as closed polygon.
Random (for performance testing)
Draws a random polyline of a given length. The following command draws a random walk consisting of 20000 polylines of a random length between 1 and 10.
echo "20000" | mapcat -p random
Draws routes or ranges from the TomTom routing api.
curl 'https://api.tomtom.com/routing/1...' | mapcat -p ttjson -c green