5 releases (3 breaking)
|0.6.0||Dec 21, 2022|
|0.5.0||May 25, 2022|
|0.4.0||Mar 23, 2022|
|0.0.1||Dec 21, 2018|
#3 in #file-transfer
323 downloads per month
Used in 2 crates
Get things from one computer to another, safely.
This is a Rust port of the Python version at https://github.com/magic-wormhole/magic-wormhole.
Comparison with the Python implementation
Features that are missing:
- Tab completion
- Text message sending
- Folder sending (we can send folders, but it will send a tar ball which the other side will have to manually unpack)
- Tor support
New features that exceed the other implementations:
- Can do direct connections across the internet (NATs) and firewalls
- Automatically copies your code to the clipboard
- Port forwarding in addition to file transfer (experimental)
- Send a file to multiple people (experimental)
If you want to toy with the CLI,
cargo run -- --help will get you started. The code sits in
If you'd like to use Wormhole in your application,
cargo doc --open will tell you how to use it. There aren't any hosted docs at the moment.
If you don't fear touching code and want to contribute,
./src/transit.rs are rather easy to get into. The protocol specification will probably be useful to you.
Applications using Wormhole Rust as library
- Warp, a GUI client using Gtk
(feel free to add yours)
This work is licensed under the EUPL v1.2 or later. Contact the owner(s) for use in proprietary software.