|0.1.1||Jun 24, 2023|
|0.1.0||Jun 24, 2023|
#46 in Multimedia
Comics and Ebook web library written in rust, with reading, search, reading status, bookmarks...
I used Ubooquity during a few years, but unfortunatly it is not opensource, and there is no read status, so I decided to find another solution.
I tried some alternatives :
- Komga : best project here I think, but no "folder view" 😥
- Tanoshi : works well, in rust too 🦀🚀, but no support for ebooks
- Calibre web or BicBucStriim : I just can't use Calibre's classification system
- Kavita : nice project too, but I don't like the Collections system (feels like Calibre)
- Nextcloud epubreader : an old app, but it doesn't work with most of my collection
Feel free to use, improve, and cry to my low code quality !
- use a sqlite database
- store ebooks and comcis covers in database (~10ko per cover, almost 160 Mo for 15000 files)
- multiple users, with bookmarks pages, reading status with page number (not for pdf)
- periodic scan of libraries folders
- no cached data, comics images are extracted on the fly
- comics pages responsive size for optimized mobile network usage
- small binary : 5 Mio, alpine based image : 13 Mio
- rust 🦀🚀
I know this is AWFUL 🤮, I have not worked on the css yet, please be patient (or help meeeee 🆘) !
For now you need the
css directory, so the simpliest way is to clone sources and build it with cargo, a usable binary and docker image will be available soon.
git clone https://github.com/thasos/eloran.git cd eloran just build target/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/release/eloran
If you do note use just, use it 😁 or just launch
cargo build --release
sudo pacman -S libarchive cairo poppler-glib # if you want to package it in alpine image sudo pacman -S musl
sudo apt install libarchive-dev libcairo2-dev libpoppler-glib-dev # if you want to package it in alpine image sudo apt install musl-dev
sudo dnf install rust-glib-sys-devel.noarch sudo dnf install rust-cairo-sys-rs0.16-devel.noarch sudo dnf install cairo-gobject-devel.x86_64 sudo dnf install poppler-glib-devel.x86_64 sudo dnf install libarchive-devel.x86_64
- store session in database (see
fn create_router()in src/http_server.rs)
- pretty error handling
- more testing
- allow relative path in
- fix element numbers for sub directories
cover.jpgfiles for directories (or use first file's cover ?)
- customized css
- upload files
- install page at 1st start : admin password, library_path, new user...
- share files (or directories, or page)
- grid or list view in preferences
- progress bar while reading, file info, and grid view
- easy go to page number while reading and from file info
- read pdf in new tab
- display read status in bookmarks page
- better css 🤪
- true ebook reading