91 releases (20 breaking)
Uses new Rust 2021
|0.21.0||May 26, 2022|
|0.20.5||Apr 13, 2022|
|0.20.3||Mar 7, 2022|
|0.18.8||Dec 31, 2021|
|0.2.1||Mar 17, 2016|
#122 in Cargo plugins
3,270 downloads per month
Used in fewer than 8 crates
- Ensure you are in a good state for release, including:
- Right branch
- Up-to-date with remote
- Clean tree
- Supports workspaces using cargo's native flags, like
- Updates dependent crates in workspace when changing version
- Change detection to help guide in what crates might not need a release
- Optionally share commits
cargo publish, tagging, and pushing
- Pre-release search and replace for custom version updates, including
- Updating changelogs
- Update tags in
- Pre-release hook for extra customization, including
Current release: 0.21.0
cargo install cargo-release
cargo release [level]
- See the reference for more on
level, other CLI arguments, and configuration file format.
- See also the FAQ for help in figuring out how to adapt cargo-release to your workflow.
- Your project should be managed by git.
cargo-release runs in dry-run mode so you can safely run it and
verify what it will do.
- Increase the logging level with each additional
-vto get more details
- Speed up dry-run by skipping
cargo-publishs verify step with
Once you are ready, pass the
Licensed under either of
- Apache License, Version 2.0 (LICENSE-APACHE or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT license (LICENSE-MIT or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT) at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.