|0.5.4||Feb 25, 2022|
|0.5.3||Apr 1, 2021|
|0.5.2||Mar 21, 2021|
|0.4.0||Nov 26, 2020|
|0.1.7||Jun 30, 2020|
173 downloads per month
Alcro works similarily to the go library lorca so the name alcro is an anagram of lorca. However it uses pipes unlike lorca which uses a websocket.
- Small applications
- Use web technologies for UI and use safe and fast rust code.
- Can control and get position, size and state of window
- Call any JS code from rust
- Exposed rust functions are executed in a new thread and can be called asynchronously
- Load HTML from url, local file or even embedded files
- JS console messages and exceptions are printed for easier debugging
- Can run in headless mode
- Supports running many windows (Currently each window should have a different user data directory)
- Requires Chrom(e/ium) to be installed
- Native systray, etc. needs third party crates
How it works
Alcro uses the Chrome DevTools protocol and communicates with it via a pipe.