17 unstable releases (3 breaking)
|0.4.0||Apr 19, 2022|
|0.3.2||Aug 1, 2021|
|0.3.1||Jul 30, 2021|
|0.2.8||Dec 7, 2020|
|0.1.4||Mar 30, 2020|
#234 in Testing
62 downloads per month
RUN Tests (RUNT)
Runt is a lightweight, concurrent, and parallel snapshot testing framework that requires minimal configuration. Checkout the documentation for explanation of various features.
Here is an example of
runt in action:
Install the latest version of
cargo install runt
Runt is most useful when you have the following test setup:
- One command that needs to run on many input files.
- Test suites grouped by commands run on the files.
- Test outputs are sent to IO streams (stdout and stderr).
- Test and test suites are unordered.
Runt is not useful when you want to do:
- Rich introspective testing of data structures.
- Test suites with complex setups, dependencies, and teardowns.
Snapshot testing with runt is extremely flexible. For example, the tests
runt-cli-test test the outputs of the runt CLI.
Building & Developing
- Install Rust.
cargo build --release. The
runtexecutable is generated under
- Runt is tested using
runt cli-testto test runt.
View the example configuration for the tests in
To run the tests, run
- Turnt is a testing framework that allows for more
complex snapshot comparisons. It's particularly powerful when you have
several intermediate files you'd like to compare.
runtforgoes the flexibility of turnt for faster execution and built-in output diffing.
- insta enables snapshot testing of inline rust programs. Useful when
the testing intrinsic structure of Rust programs.
runtoperators on arbitrary shell commands which enables testing CLI programs.