39 releases (16 breaking)
Uses old Rust 2015
|0.18.2||May 2, 2021|
|0.18.0||Mar 28, 2021|
|0.16.0||Nov 16, 2020|
|0.9.0||Jul 15, 2020|
|0.2.6||Mar 26, 2017|
#47 in Database interfaces
4,209 downloads per month
Used in 14 crates (6 directly)
FFI (Foreign Function Interface) bindings for ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) As ffi bindings to C-APIs are low level by nature this library is intended to be the foundation of other libraries to build on top, rather than to be used directly.
- Providing declarations of ODBC Symbols compatible to the C-Interface of an ODBC Driver Manager
- Provide correct definition of symbols for Unix and Windows in either 32Bit or 64Bit flavour
- Not to abstract away any power of the underlying API
- Increase type safety where feasable
- As it is as of now unlikely to happen that anyone is writing ODBC 2.0 applications in Rust therefore deprecated symbols like 'SQLAllocEnv' have been left out intentionally.
This library will link against
odbc32.dll (preinstalled) on Windows systems. On Linux and OS-X it links against
libodbc.so by default. This is typically provided by unix-odbc. Using the
--feature iodbc you can also link against
libiodbc.so. This may be interessting if you are trying to connect to some older data sources on OS-X.
Symbols are added to this library as we go along implementing uses cases in higher level APIs. If you miss something please do not hesitate to contribute.
Want to help out? Just create an issue, pull request or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.