74 releases (32 breaking)
Uses new Rust 2021
|new 0.33.2||Jan 20, 2022|
|0.32.0||Dec 18, 2021|
|0.31.1||Nov 28, 2021|
|0.24.1||Jul 19, 2021|
|0.10.3||Nov 21, 2020|
#19 in Database interfaces
3,161 downloads per month
Used in 4 crates
Rust ODBC bindings. ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) is an open standard to connect to a variaty of data sources. Most data sources offer ODBC drivers. This crate is currently tested against:
- Microsoft SQL Server
Current ODBC Version is
This crate is build on top of the
odbc-sys ffi bindings, which provide definitions of the ODBC C Interface, but do not build any kind of abstraction on top of it.
Check the guide for code examples and a tour of the features.
To build this library you need to link against the
odbc library of your systems ODBC driver manager. It should be automatically detected by the build. On Windows systems it is preinstalled. On Linux and OS-X unix-odbc must be installed. To create a Connections to a data source, its ODBC driver must also be installed.
Nothing to do. ODBC driver manager is preinstalled.
sudo apt-get install unixodbc-dev
You can use homebrew to install UnixODBC
brew install unixodbc
cargo build is not going to pick up
libodbc.so installed via homebrew due to the fact that homebrew on ARM Mac installs into
/opt/homebrew/Cellar as opposed to
You find documentation on what directories are searched during build here: https://doc.rust-lang.org/cargo/reference/environment-variables.html#dynamic-library-paths.
You can also install unixODBC from source:
- copy the unixODBC-2.3.9.tar.gz file somewhere you can create files and directories
- gunzip unixODBC*.tar.gz
- tar xvf unixODBC*.tar
- Connect using either Data Source names (DSN)
- Connect using connection strings
- Connect using prompts (windows)
- Support for logging ODBC diagnostics and warnings (via
- Support for columnar bulk inserts.
- Support for columnar bulk queries.
- Support for rowise bulk inserts.
- Support for rowise bulk queries.
- Support for Output parameters of stored procedures.
- Support prepared and 'one shot' queries.
- Pass parameters to queries
- Support for async
- Support for Multithreading
- Support for inserting large binary / text data in stream
- Support for fetching arbitrary large text / binary data in stream
- Support for connection pooling
- List tables of data sources