5 unstable releases
|0.3.0||Jan 7, 2023|
|0.2.1||Nov 27, 2022|
|0.2.0||May 17, 2022|
|0.1.1||Mar 24, 2022|
#358 in Game dev
44 downloads per month
Used in wpp
Meshtext is a font triangulation tool for 3D scenes.
⚠️ Versions <=
0.2 of this crate focus on correctness and less on speed. ⚠️
The idea is to have a feature complete Proof-of-Concept first and then start optimizing.
- Generates indexed or non-indexed meshes
- Automatically caches glyphs (also supports preloading)
- Flat 2D text (in 3D space) or 3D text
- Supports custom transformation of text sections
- Linebreaks and wrapping must be handled manually
- Does not support bevels, because there is only one depth segment
- There is no support for subscripts and superscripts
- Add a 2D mesh generator where each vertex is composed of two coordinates
- Implement an optimizer that removes redundant vertices and triangles
- Add proper benchmarks
- Optimize for speed
It is not recommended to use the font included in the crate. It is only included for the purpose of testing and the character set has been limited, in order to keep the size of the crate small.
- Depends heavily on
ttf-parserfor font loading.
glamfor performing basic linear algebra.
All code in this repository is dual-licensed under either:
- MIT License (LICENSE-MIT or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
- Apache License, Version 2.0 (LICENSE-APACHE or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.