|0.1.0||Aug 7, 2023|
#645 in Command line utilities
Elevate your command-line pipelines using the Interactive Line Selector – a potent utility enabling interactive line selection from stdin. Seamlessly integrate, pause, select, and refine your pipeline, enhancing data processing precision.
- Interactive Selection: Pause the pipeline's execution to manually select specific lines from the input stream.
- Seamless Integration: Easily integrate the Interactive Line Selector into your existing command-line pipelines.
- Optimized Workflow: Curate data on-the-fly for more accurate and meaningful results.
Incorporate the Interactive Line Selector into your pipeline:
<command producing input> | lineselect | <subsequent command>
Use arrow keys to navigate, press
Space to select/deselect lines, and press
Enter to proceed with the selected lines.
Imagine you have a list of files in a directory and you want to selectively remove them using
rm. Instead of using a complex find command, you can utilize the Interactive Line Selector to streamline the process:
ls | lineselect | xargs rm
wget https://github.com/urbanogilson/lineselect/releases/download/v0.1.0/lineselect_0.1.0_amd64.deb apt install ./lineselect_0.1.0_amd64.deb
Contributions are welcome! If you have ideas for improvements or new features, please feel free to submit a pull request.
This project builds upon the fantastic work of the following projects:
- Clap - A full featured, fast Command Line Argument Parser for Rust.
- Dialoguer - Rust utility library for nice command line prompts and similar things.
- Colored - Coloring terminal so simple you already know how to do it!
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE file for details.