|2.0.1||Feb 16, 2023|
|2.0.0||Feb 15, 2023|
|1.0.0||Feb 11, 2023|
#2144 in Command line utilities
Jira CSV to Gantt Chart JSON Converter
This program converts Jira CSV exports to a format that can be ingested by the gantt_chart tool.
cargo install jira_to_gantt. Run with
The tool uses the following Jira fields:
- Issue key - Gives a short description of the item
- Status - Used to mark the task open or close on the chart
- Assignee - Used to group the tasks
- Original Estimate - Task duration
- Created (optional) - Used if no Starts On date is provided on the command line
Jira CSV export has numerous problems and inconsistencies which the tool handles, including:
- There are extra non-CSV format lines at the start and end of the output
- Dates are in a non ISO format
- Any backlog sort order is not honored
- There are bad UTF-8 characters in the output
- Quoting is inconsistent
You can use
iconv -c -t utf-8 bad.csv > stripped.csv to clean bad UTF-8 characters from export. See iconv. The tool does this automatically.
You can use
xsv slice -s 3 -n -o bad.csv jira.csv to remove the first 3 lines. Again, the tool does this automatically.