|0.0.1||Mar 18, 2022|
|0.0.0||Mar 11, 2022|
#15 in #pager
Install delta and add this to your
[core] pager = delta [interactive] diffFilter = delta --color-only [delta] navigate = true # use n and N to move between diff sections [merge] conflictstyle = diff3 [diff] colorMoved = default
Delta has many features and is very customizable; please see the user manual.
- Language syntax highlighting with the same syntax-highlighting themes as bat
- Word-level diff highlighting using a Levenshtein edit inference algorithm
- Side-by-side view with line-wrapping
- Line numbering
Nkeybindings to move between files in large diffs, and between diffs in
log -pviews (
- Improved merge conflict display
git blamedisplay (syntax highlighting;
--hyperlinksformats commits as links to GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket etc)
- Syntax-highlights grep output from
- Support for Git's
- Code can be copied directly from the diff (
-/+markers are removed by default).
- Commit hashes can be formatted as terminal hyperlinks to the GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket page (
--hyperlinks). File paths can also be formatted as hyperlinks for opening in your OS.
- Stylable box/line decorations to draw attention to commit, file and hunk header sections.
- Style strings (foreground color, background color, font attributes) are supported for >20 stylable elements, using the same color/style language as git
- Handles traditional unified diff output in addition to git output
A syntax-highlighting pager for git, diff, and grep output
Code evolves, and we all spend time studying diffs. Delta aims to make this both efficient and enjoyable: it allows you to make extensive changes to the layout and styling of diffs, as well as allowing you to stay arbitrarily close to the default git/diff output.
git show can look like with git configured to use delta:
|"Dracula" theme||"GitHub" theme|
All the syntax-highlighting color themes that are available with bat are available with delta:
[delta] side-by-side = true
By default, side-by-side view has line-numbers activated, and has syntax highlighting in both the left and right panels: [config]
Side-by-side view wraps long lines automatically:
[delta] line-numbers = true
Installation and usage
Please see the user manual and