Uses new Rust 2021
|0.2.3||Sep 12, 2022|
|0.2.2||Aug 30, 2022|
|0.1.19||Aug 10, 2022|
|0.1.7||Jul 28, 2022|
|0.1.2||Jan 9, 2022|
#126 in Game dev
64 downloads per month
Used in crossbundle
What is Crossbow?
crossbow project aims to provide a complete toolkit for cross-platform game development in Rust - from project creation to publishing. In addition, the project simplifies the creation, packaging, and signing of Android and iOS applications. We want to make most of our tools - engine agnostic to help rust game developers integrate them into their engines or games.
crossbow is not only a packaging tool for Android and iOS - it's cross-platform build tools, plugins, and toolkit for Rust! With
crossbundle you can create native .apk/.aab without any Java or setup Gradle project with fancy Crossbow Android plugins (iOS in near future); with
crossbundle-tools you can customize and create new commands; with
crossbow-android you can write your own Android plugins in Java/Kotlin.
- Customizable: Create new commands with available tools.
- Simple: Easy to install and start hacking but also pretty flexible for strong devs.
- Flexible: It's possible to build plain .apk/.aab or .app/.ipa; or with help of Gradle/XCode.
- Rust: Don't leave your Rust code - everything can be configured from
- Plugins: Godot-like plugins for Android (and iOS in future) with Rust wrapper!
Now we would recommend you to read crossbow's documentation. Over there you will find how to set up development environment, install needed crates and how to use the tools.
|crossbundle||Command-line tool for building and running applications.||✅|
|crossbundle-tools||Toolkit used in
Crossbow Platform crates:
|crossbow-android||Crossbow Android Platform implementation.||🆗|
|crossbow-ios||Crossbow iOS Platform implementation.||🛠|
|admob-android||Google AdMob Plugin for Android.||🆗|
|play-games-services||Google Play Games Services Plugin for Android.||🆗|
|play-billing||Google Play Billing Plugin for Android.||🆗|
|play-core||Google Play Core Plugin for Android.||📝|
|android-tools-rs||Android-related tools for building and developing application.||✅|
|android-manifest-rs||AndroidManifest serializer and deserializer for Rust.||✅|
|apple-bundle-rs||AppleBundleResources serializer and deserializer for Rust.||✅|
✅ = Works and tested — 🆗 = Works but may contain bugs — 🛠 = Under development — 📝 = Planned
Also, this project initially funded by Web3 Foundation Grants Program. Big shout-out to them!
Licensed under either of:
- Apache License, Version 2.0, (LICENSE-APACHE or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT license (LICENSE-MIT or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
at your option.