3 stable releases
|1.0.2||Feb 5, 2023|
|1.0.1||Jan 28, 2023|
#341 in Command line utilities
A terminal-based daily task management tool with minimal overhead.
- Complete CRUD support of daily tasks with intuitive syntax
- Visualized task schedule with colorful timeline
- A single executable binary and naturally terminal based
- Retentiveness by storing tasks in local file
cargo install arenta
cargo install --git https://github.com/Gusabary/Arenta.git
- Download binary from Release page and put it into
- Clone the repo and build from source
arenta -h to show help messages and
arenta -v to check the version.
arenta to start an interactive session, in which you could manage daily tasks easily.
Task is the core concept in Arenta, which consists of description, planned start/complete time, actual start/complete time and status.
The description and time part could be set and edited with Arenta commands, while the status is managed by Arenta in such rules:
|planned start||planned complete||actual start||actual complete|
|Planned||set and later than now||set||unset||unset|
|Overdue||set and earlier than now||set||unset||unset|
|Ongoing||set / unset||set / unset||set||unset|
|Complete||set / unset||set / unset||set||set|
The interactive session accepts valid Arenta commands:
newto create a new task in an interactive way:
arenta> n description: a new task how to arrange this task > start immediately put in backlog plan to...
startplus a task index to start it:
arenta> s 0 task 0 started
completeplus a task index to complete it:
arenta> c 0 task 0 completed
[flags]to list all tasks in specified date range.
llwill render a visualized timeline as well, in which the planned period is represented as
-while actual period is
[date_filter]is in format of
>=or empty, which indicates
==. Note that for
<op>must be empty.
<date>could take format of
yyyy-mm-ddor just an integer, which indicates offset to today.
bflag to display backlog tasks as well
vflag to display in verbose mode
# list today's tasks > ls # list tomorrow's tasks with timeline > ll +1 # list all historical tasks in verbose mode > ls <0 v # list yesterday's tasks including backlog and timeline in verbose mode > ll -1 bv
helpto show the complete usage of all Arenta commands
- [usability] make the Arenta interactive session more shell-like, e.g. can use up arrow key to pop up last command
- [scalability] take a more scalable approach to save all tasks to local file
- [customizability] expose some settings as configurable, e.g. length of timeline, color of status, task display pattern, etc.