74 releases (breaking)
|0.52.0||Oct 18, 2022|
|0.51.0||Jul 15, 2022|
|0.50.0||Jun 30, 2022|
|0.47.0||Mar 3, 2022|
|0.0.1||Mar 28, 2015|
#110 in Hardware support
15,321 downloads per month
Used in 27 crates (19 directly)
x86 / amd64 library
Library to program x86 (amd64) hardware. Contains x86 specific data structure descriptions, data-tables, as well as convenience function to call assembly instructions typically not exposed in higher level languages.
- I/O registers
- Control registers
- Debug registers
- MSR registers
- Descriptor-tables (GDT, LDT, IDT)
- IA32-e page table layout
- Interrupts (with xAPIC and x2APIC, I/O APIC drivers)
- Task state
- Performance counter information
- Intel SGX: Software Guard Extensions
- Random numbers (rdrand, rdseed)
- Time (rdtsc, rdtscp)
- Querying CPUID (uses raw_cpuid library)
- Transactional memory (Intel RTM and HLE)
- Virtualization (Intel VMX)
This library depends on libcore so it can be used in kernel level code.
We use two forms of tests for the crate. Regular tests with
#[test] that run in a ring 3 process
#[x86test] tests that run in a VM (and therefore grant a privileged execution environment, see x86test).
# To execute x86tests run: $ RUSTFLAGS="-C relocation-model=dynamic-no-pic -C code-model=kernel" RUST_BACKTRACE=1 cargo test --features vmtest # To execute the regular tests, run: $ cargo test --features utest
- performance-counter: Includes the performance counter information. Note this feature can increase compilation time significantly due to large, statically generated hash-tables that are included in the source. Therefore, it is disabled by default.