|new 0.1.3||Mar 22, 2023|
|0.1.2||Mar 4, 2023|
|0.1.1||Jan 2, 2023|
|0.1.0||Jan 1, 2023|
#753 in Command line utilities
31 downloads per month
typos-git-commit is a command line tool that processes a
generated json file to :
- correct typos in detected files (via sed)
- make a commit at each correction (via a simple git commit command)
It has been written for a one shot project but one may find it to be useful.
- Generate a json file with
typos, for instance:
typos doc/ --exclude *.py --exclude *.js --format json >typos.json
- In the directory of the repository use
typos-git-commit --filename typos.json. This command will correct only typos with more than 5 (by default) characters and the ones that got only one correction proposal. To modify the minimum length one may use --minlen or -m option.
- Review carefully the generated commits even if everything is done to mitigate errors when replacing typos there are situations where this correction is really an error.