|0.0.2||Mar 27, 2023|
|0.0.1||Mar 22, 2023|
#465 in Cryptography
27 downloads per month
Used in dee
tlock_age: Hybrid Timelock Encryption/Decryption in Rust
tlock_age is a library to encrypt and decrypt age filekey using tlock scheme. It provides an age Identity and Recipient consuming Threshold BLS signatures provided by drand beacons.
The reference interroperable Go implementation is available at drand/tlock.
Tables of Content
- Timelock encryption and decryption in the age format
- ASCII Armor
- tlock header decryption
- Encryption with public key on G1 and G2
- Interroperability with Go and JS implementation
- wasm32 compatible library
|Cargo (Rust 1.67+)||
The library is tested against the following targets:
Code examples are provided in tlock_age/examples.
The tlock system relies on unchained drand networks.
This crate does not provide a drand client. You can use drand_core.
This software has not been audited. Please use at your sole discretion. With this in mind, dee security relies on the following:
- tlock: Practical Timelock Encryption from Threshold BLS by Nicolas Gailly, Kelsey Melissaris, and Yolan Romailler, and its implementation in drand/tlock,
- Identity-Based Encryption by Dan Boneh, and Matthew Franklin, and its implementation in thibmeu/tlock-rs,
- The choosen drand beacon to remain honest,
- age encryption protocol, and its implementation in str4d/rage,
How does practical timelock encryption work
For the simple explanation, you can use Handwaving Cryptography.
For a more detailed one, you should take time to read tlock: Practical Timelock Encryption from Threshold BLS by Nicolas Gailly, Kelsey Melissaris, and Yolan Romailler.
This project is under the MIT license.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you shall be MIT licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.