6 releases (breaking)
|0.5.0||Apr 28, 2023|
|0.4.1||Mar 26, 2023|
|0.4.0||Jan 14, 2023|
|0.3.0||Jun 25, 2022|
|0.1.0||Mar 16, 2022|
#173 in Encoding
8,561 downloads per month
Used in 18 crates (2 directly)
Binary encoding for Rust values which ensures lexicographic sort ordering. Order-preserving encoding is useful for creating keys for sorted key-value stores with byte string typed keys, such as EchoDB, YokuDB, IndxDB, TiKV, and SurrealDB.
- Binary encoding whilst preserving lexicographic sort order
- Useful for creating keys for sorted key-value data stores
- Aims to encode values into the fewest number of bytes possible
- The exact type of a serialized value must be known in order to deserialize it
- Supports all Rust primitives, strings, options, structs, enums, vecs, and tuples
This code is forked originally from bytekey-fix, which is originally forked from bytekey, both licensed under the Apache License 2.0 license. See LICENSE for full license text.