✓ Uses Rust 2018 edition
|0.0.4||Apr 10, 2019|
|0.0.3||Mar 14, 2019|
|0.0.1||Jan 4, 2019|
19 downloads per month
skryn is a (work-in-progress) Desktop GUI framework based on servo/webrender. It's aim is to have a pure rust implementation of a framework that is easy to use and extend. The motivation behind starting skryn was to get a simple hardware based rendered GUI without having any other web technologies be in the way.
- Start the window manager at desired FPS.
- The minimum requirement to create your own elements is to implement the
- Use implemented elements to create complex elements.
- Library provided minimalistic
- Multithreading safe.
- Simplified length Units (Natural, Extent, Stretch, Pixel).
- Show a cursor in
- Paste into and Copy from
- Supports RTL languages.
There are many limitations in the project. Following is the known list of these (not limited to)
- Cross Element communication
- Observables need a better implementation.
- There are no animations at the moment. (Possible through implementation of own Element).
- Needs z-index like concept.