#arch #archlinux


A reimplementation of some pacman functionality in pure rust. WIP

1 unstable release

Uses old Rust 2015

0.1.0 Sep 10, 2019

#30 in #arch

Used in 2 crates (via aurum)

MIT license

579 lines


This crate implements a subset of libalpm badly for use in aurum. I didn't want to have to deal with an API that wasn't really designed for use from Rust (nor for doing dependency resolution for packages not included in the Db system), so I wrote my own. So far it seems to work well.

This crate is a heavy WIP and the API is by no means fixed. I anybody wants to use/build on this crate I am more than happy to marge back changes/iterate on issues/that kind of thing. Just shoot me issues/emails/MRs.


This crate implements a subset of libalpm functionality, basically what is required to read databases and parse things.

The goal is not to replace libalpm for doing actual system package management, but to be able to access metadata about an Arch or Arch-based system without needing to use the cumbersome C API. Generally this is an attempt to write a more flexible API for a lot of the stuff that libalpm does, in order to facilitate writing things like AUR helpers.


~37K SLoC