13 unstable releases (6 breaking)
Uses old Rust 2015
|0.7.0||Sep 5, 2020|
|0.6.2||Jul 21, 2020|
|0.6.1||Jun 4, 2020|
|0.5.0||Dec 9, 2017|
|0.1.2||Oct 21, 2015|
#33 in Audio
567 downloads per month
Used in less than 11 crates
Cross-platform, realtime MIDI processing in Rust.
midir is inspired by RtMidi and supports the same features*, including virtual ports (except on Windows) and full SysEx support – but with a rust-y API!
* With the exception of message queues, but these can be implemented on top of callbacks using e.g. Rust's channels.
midir currently supports the following platforms/backends:
- ALSA (Linux)
- WinMM (Windows)
- CoreMIDI (macOS, iOS (untested))
- WinRT (Windows 8+), enable the
- Jack (Linux, macOS), enable the
- Web MIDI (Chrome, Opera, perhaps others browsers)
A higher-level API for parsing and assembling MIDI messages might be added in the future.