|0.1.6||Sep 23, 2016|
|0.1.5||Jul 22, 2016|
|0.1.4||May 16, 2016|
#153 in Debugging
77 downloads per month
- |cargo test| -- builds the library and the main target for testing, runs unit tests
- |RUST_TEST_THREADS=1 cargo test --features integration| -- builds the library and the main target for testing, runs integration tests in serial
- |cargo clean| -- cleans out the target
- |cargo build| -- builds just the library
- |cargo doc| -- creates 'rustdoc' documentation
run |multirust default nightly| then |multirust override nightly-2016-09-21| to make sure you have the correct rust version.
The metrics lib requires an up-to-date openssl library. In order to make sure you have the correct library, we recommend you install brew and run:
brew install openssl source tools/mac-os-x-setup.source.sh
To cross-compile the metrics library for Raspberry Pi:
docker run -it russnicoletti/metrics_controller-pi cd metrics_controller cargopi build
The metrics library uses the
env_logger package for logging functionality. Two notable features of this package
- The log messages are written to stderror
- An environment variable is used to determine the log level
The environment variable specifying the log level is
CD_METRICS_LOG. For example, to set the log level to
info when running the example program, the command line would be:
This will enable info-level logging for the metrics library and all rust modules used by the metrics library. To limit the logging to metrics library messages, use the
env_logger filtering mechanism and specify the prefix included in metrics library log messages --
And, of course, to redirect the log messages to a file:
CD_METRICS_LOG=info/CD-METRICS target/debug/examples/main 2> log
cd-metrics nodejs module is the nodejs implementation of the CD metrics library. See ./examples/node_demo.js for sample usage of the
To run the integration test:
1. Install chai: |npm install chai| 2. Install mocha: |npm install mocha| 3. Load test/metrics_test.html in a browser.
Note that the test may take up to 3 minutes to execute as it's verifying the data was received at the server.
There is a C interface that can be used from C and Java applications.
To utilize this:
- Run |cargo build|
- This will create a target under ./target/debug/libmetrics_controller.dylib (Mac), .so (Linux), or .dll (Windows).
- Refer to ./examples/ffi_test.c for an example of how to invoke the library and for instructions to run the sample.