|0.0.4||Nov 21, 2022|
|0.0.3||Nov 21, 2022|
|0.0.2||Nov 15, 2022|
|0.0.1||Nov 15, 2022|
#277 in Command-line interface
Pretty CLI / TUI interfaces.
READ ME FIRST
makeup is still early-stage!!! Treat it like the alpha project it is.
cargo run --example wave
pre-commit install pre-commit autoupdate cargo install cargo-audit
- 60fps by default.
- Input and render are fully decoupled, ie input can NEVER block rendering.
- Message-passing-like architecture
- Components are updated and rendered asynchronously.
- Components must not reference each other directly, but instead communicate via message passing.
- Component updates are just reading the message queue from the mailbox, and
updating the component's state accordingly. makeup assumes that any
potentially-blocking task will be moved out of the update/render loop via
tokio::spawnor similar, and managed via message-passing.
- Render backends are async.
- Default backends are memory and UNIX-compatible terminal.
- Render backends can be implemented for other protocols!
- Provided to the UI on instantiation.
- Ideas: WASM +
<canvas>? Multiplex over the network?