|Apr 23, 2021
|Mar 2, 2021
|Jan 26, 2021
|Jan 14, 2021
|Oct 26, 2020
#6 in #kad
90 downloads per month
Used in 3 crates
Alternative repository for work on libp2p
This repository is an alternative implementation in
Rust of the libp2p spec. Not like
libp2p-rs is written with async/await syntax, and driven by async runtime. Even though, many codes are borrowed from
rust-libp2p and some from
go-libp2p. We are trying to keep compatible with the two implementations, but it is unfortunately not guaranteed.
How to use the library?
As mentioned above, the API is completely different from
rust-libp2p. There is no such thing as 'NetworkBehaviour' in
libp2p-rs at all. Instead, you should build the Swarm with the transports you like to use, then you have to create a Swarm::Control from it. The Swarm::Control is exposing all Swarm APIs which can be used to manipulate the Swarm - open/read/write/close streams and even more. This is quite similar as the BasicHost in
go-libp2p. As for Kad-DHT, similarly you should get the Kad::Control for the same reason. Furthermore, you can combine the Swarm with Kad, after that you have the RoutedHost, which has a routing functionality over the BasicHost.
It is strongly recommended to check the docs and sample code in details:
- API Documentations can be found: https://docs.rs/libp2p-rs
- Design documentation can be found in
- Details about how to write your code can be found in
- swarm_simple demonstrates how to build transport and create sub-stream for communication
- kad_simple demonstrates how to run a Kad-DHT server. In this example, the interactive shell is integrated for debugging/observing Kad-DHT internal data structures
NOTE: The master branch is now an active development branch (starting with v0.1.0), which means breaking changes could be made at any time.
Implements the Yamux multiplexing protocol for libp2p, see also the specification.