|0.6.0||Mar 11, 2023|
|0.5.0||Mar 8, 2023|
#60 in Text editors
A lightweight text editor built in Rust.
Based on Philipp Flenker's Rust text editor tutorial.
- vim-like navigation controls
- Syntax highlighting for Rust, Java, and Python (with more languages coming soon)
- Incremental forward and backward search
- Search-and-delete / search-and-replace
- Built-in calculator for math expressions
API documentation is located here.
For reference on controls and usage, see
If you're interested in contributing, check out
The simplest way to install
ferro is to run
cargo install ferro on your machine. You can then
ferro [file] to start editing!
The following instructions assume that you've already installed Rust.
git clone https://github.com/alexxyu/ferro cd ferro cargo build --release
This will generate the binary for
ferro in the