|3.0.0||Feb 16, 2021|
|2.0.0||Sep 7, 2020|
|1.1.1||Jul 31, 2020|
|1.0.0||Oct 25, 2019|
#117 in Magic Beans
29 downloads per month
An efficient implementation of Electrum Server.
ElectrsCash is an efficient implementation of Electrum Server and can be used as a drop-in replacement for ElectrumX. In addition to the TCP RPC interface, it also provides WebSocket support.
The server indexes the entire Bitcoin Cash blockchain, and the resulting index enables fast queries for blockchain applications and any given user wallet, allowing the user to keep real-time track of his balances and his transaction history.
When run on the user's own machine, there is no need for the wallet to communicate with external Electrum servers, thus preserving the privacy of the user's addresses and balances.
- Supports Electrum protocol v1.4.3
- Maintains an index over transaction inputs and outputs, allowing fast balance queries.
- Fast synchronization of the Bitcoin Cash blockchain on modest hardware
- Low index storage overhead (~20%), relying on a local full node for transaction retrieval.
txindexis not required for the Bitcoin node, however it does improve performance.
- Uses a single RocksDB database for better consistency and crash recovery.
- Has really good integration with Bitcoin Unlimited.
- Supports all Bitcoin Cash full nodes that have basic
- The best integration test coverage of all electrum server implementations. (see Tests section)
- CashAccount support
See here for installation, build and usage instructions.
The database schema is described here.
Run unit tests with
Integration tests are included in the Bitcoin Unlimited test set. Look for tests prefixed with
To run the tests, you need to:
- Clone and build Bitcoin Unlimited.
Bitcoin Unlimited builds ElectrsCash and runs the above tests as part of their continuous integration.
Code linting and formatting is enforced in the projects continuous integration.
When contributing, please run
cargo clippy to catch common mistakes and
improve your code, as well as
cargo fmt to format the code.