|0.1.1||Mar 28, 2023|
|0.1.0||Mar 28, 2023|
#1681 in Cryptography
195 downloads per month
implementation of bip32 for ed25519
Provide an implementation of BIP32 for the edwards 25519 curve, based on a BIP32-ed25519 paper from Dmitry Khovratovich and Jason Law.
- small dependency tree : only depends on 1 package cryptoxide which has no other dependencies.
- compatible with cardano key derivation
- used by the jormungandr node
the "V1" derivation has been removed from this package, as it has massive shortcomings. If you need it for some compatibility reason, you can use version 0.3 of this package. It is important that it's only used to convert everything to V2 or another scheme, as using V1 should be considered deprecated, dangerous and might eat your dog.
Alternative Derivation packages
not an exhaustive list, or endorsements, but some alternative approach to deriving with ED25519:
- slip10_ed25519: using slip10
- ed25519-dalek-bip32 : doesn't support bip32 soft derivation concept, but closer to the bip32 and ed25519 specs
- hd-ed25519: using ristretto instead of doing careful arithmetic
default-features=false with your dependency