Uses new Rust 2021
|new 0.0.10||Aug 10, 2022|
|0.0.9||Jul 25, 2022|
|0.0.7||Nov 9, 2021|
|0.0.6||Oct 21, 2021|
#25 in Emulators
133 downloads per month
Used in termin-8
Deca is basically just another CHIP-8 emulator written in Rust, but it
- is a backend library with no I/O, which can be embedded into a UI (like Termin-8, which runs in a terminal).
- has full CHIP-8, SUPER-CHIP and XO-CHIP support (multiple colors!)
- aims to behave as closely to Octo/C-Octo as possible
- Support for various CHIP-8 extensions and variations, so it can run as many historical CHIP-8 programs as possible
- Other crates that can compile Octo programs (decasm) and read/write Octocarts (decart), inspired by the components of C-Octo (possibly even an IDE (decade) inspired by Octode??)
Deca is inspired by (heavily based on) Octo, which has an octopus as a mascot (as a reference to CHIP-8). Octopi are eight-limbed molluscs belonging to the order Octopoda. Deca is written in Rust, which has a crab as its mascot. Crabs are ten-limbed crustaceans of the order Decapoda.
To further justify the silly name, I plan to add support for CHIP-10 as well.