23 stable releases (5 major)
|6.2.0||Oct 27, 2023|
|6.1.8||Jul 21, 2023|
|6.1.0||Feb 18, 2023|
|5.0.3||Feb 6, 2023|
|1.1.2||Jul 5, 2022|
#218 in Database interfaces
245 downloads per month
Used in http-cache-darkbird
DarkBird is a document-oriented, real-time, in-memory database solution optimized for fast document retrieval.
- Database level: darkbird was storage, but from ( vsn 5.0.3 ) is full-featured database because provide Schema for building database and all operation do with database layer
- Persistent: Uses a non-blocking write-ahead-logging engine for data persistence, storing data to multiple pages.
- In-memory: Data is stored in memory, with two modes (DiskCopies, RamCopies), the first persisting data to disk and reloading the data into memory after restart.
- Concurrency: Uses a high-concurrent HashMap (DashMap) and doesn't require Mutex/RwLock for thread synchronization.
- Vector: darkbird provide a vector engine for storing and searching vectors
- Indexing: Supports indexing, allowing for dynamic decision-making about which document fields to index.
- Full-text search: Supports full-text search operations since version 3.5.0.
- Materialized view: Provides a trait for the document model
Nonewhen a document is inserted into the storage.
- Tagging: Each document can have multiple tags, and one tag can refer to many documents, making it great for indexing groups of documents for fast retrieval by key.
- Expiration: from vsn 6.0.0 support key expiry.
- Atomic Operation: from vsn 6.0.0 support Atomic Operation (just like redis setNx)
- Migration: The storage model is (Key, Document), and you can use
migrationto change the existing (Key, Document) data on disk before opening the storage.
- Backup / Restore from vsn-6.1.0 support Backup/Restore
- External database support: Copy storage data to Postgres/Cassandra/Scylla and load from it.
- Event handling: Subscribe to any channel to receive events.
darkbird = "6.2.0"
See the complete examples here.
- 2.0.0: Improved performance and added persistent copy of whole data to a database.
- 3.0.0: Implemented indexing, tagging, and range queries. Document model must implement tree trait from this version
- 3.5.0: Added full-text search API
- 4.0.0: Added materialized view support. Document models must implement the MaterializedView trait, and API is provided to fetch view models. Uses
&Stringfor better performance and API compatibility. All examples are updated.
- 5.0.1: migrated from Storage to Database world with Schema builder and Database layer to do all operation also is compatible with older version
- 5.0.2: fixedbug persist indexing and changed fullText search api for a bug all examples updates
- 5.0.3: fixedbug loader
- 6.0.0: added another storage Engine for supporting: atomic operation (just like redis setNx), expiration and simpler api
- 6.0.1: Backup/Restore _ new migration component (recover self if occure error)
- 6.2.0: Vector Engine