|0.1.6||Nov 8, 2023|
|0.1.5||Oct 27, 2023|
|0.1.4||Sep 5, 2023|
#28 in Games
87 downloads per month
Dark and Darker Game Updater
This is a simple CLI (Command-Line Interface) updater for the Dark and Darker game. It downloads or verifies the latest files of the game installed.
You need to have Rust installed on your system.
cargo install dad-updater in your terminal
- Clone the repository or download the source code files.
- Install Rust and the required dependencies as mentioned in the prerequisites.
- Open the terminal or command prompt and navigate to the project directory.
- Build and install the application using the following command:
cargo build --release cargo install dad-updater --path .
After building and installing the application, The updater can be run using the following command:
DAD_PATH="$HOME/.local/share/bottles/bottles/Dark-and-Darker/drive_c/Program Files/IRONMACE/Dark and Darker/" dad-updater
Optimized Use with Bottles
- Create bottles for gaming.
- Add the following required dependencies: allfonts, vcredist2019, dotnet48.
- Install the Blacksmith Launcher in the bottles.
- Launch the Blacksmith Launcher and log in to your account.
- Click the play/install button on the launcher.
- Close the launcher.
- Click on the three dots, browse the file, go one directory up, and locate the Dark and Darker directory inside the IRONMACE directory. Copy the path of this directory to the environment variable DAD_PATH in the bottles' environment settings.
- Modify the launch command to
To further optimize Bottles, you can:
- Activate Feral Gamemode.
- Set up the Steam environment.
- Use Proton-GE as the executor.
If you want to use Proton-GE, you need to set the following environment variables:
For optimal performance on an AMD card, add the following two environment variables:
The updater accepts the following command-line arguments:
--game-path: Specify the path to the game installation directory. This argument is optional and defaults to the value of the
--launcher-path: Specify the path to the launcher installation directory. This argument is optional and defaults to the value of the
BLACKSMITH_PATHenvironment variable. (optional)
--speed: Set the download speed limit in bytes per second. This argument is optional and defaults to the value of the
DAD_DOWNLOAD_SPEEDenvironment variable or
0if not provided (
--threads: Set the number of simultaneous download threads. This argument is optional and defaults to the value of the
DAD_THREADSenvironment variable or
5if not provided.
The updater performs the following tasks:
- Reads the file URLs and other information from the Dark and Darker
PatchFileList.txt hosted on
- Downloads each file using multiple threads with a progress bar indicating the download status.
- Implements a download speed limit if provided to regulate the download rate.
- Verifies the integrity of downloaded files using SHA256 and compares the file size to ensure they are up to date.
This project is licensed under the MIT License.
Contributions to this project are welcome. If you find any issues or want to enhance the functionality, feel free to open a pull request.