6 stable releases
|2.2.0||May 25, 2023|
|2.1.0||May 23, 2023|
|2.0.3||May 17, 2023|
|2.0.2||May 10, 2023|
#260 in Configuration
207 downloads per month
This package contains the Command Line Interface (CLI) for Cedar.
For more information about the Cedar language/project, please take a look
See also the
cedar-policy package, which is the main public Rust API for
This app uses the annotation
@id("PID") as a simple way to define policy ids.
This usage is not standard and annotations have custom use depending on the app.
CLI is a command line tool. It supports the following subcommands:
- authorize: Evaluate an authorization request
- evaluate: Evaluate a Cedar expression
- validate: Validate a policy set against a schema
- check-parse: Check that policies successfully parse
- link: Link a template
- format: Format a policy set
- help: Print this message or the help of the given subcommand(s)
You will need to install Rust, via rustup
To build the CLI, run
cargo build or
cargo build --release
To run the CLI, try
cargo run -- --help or
../target/release/cedar --help. The sub-folder
sample-data contains examples for the CLI. Please refer to the instructions in
command.txt to run the examples.