|0.3.1||Jun 20, 2023|
|0.3.0||May 27, 2023|
|0.2.0||May 19, 2023|
#782 in Cryptography
capyCRYPT - A Complete Rust Cryptosystem
A complete Rust cryptosystem implementing FIPS 202 paired with a variety of Edwards curves. An academic exercise in cryptographic algorithm design.
SHA-3: NIST-Compliant Secure Hash Algorithm 3 (SHA-3) implementation for generating cryptographic hash values.
Edwards Elliptic Curve: A variety of Edwards curve implementations for elliptic curve cryptography (ECC) operations are offered, varying in security and efficiency. Curves can be easily interchanged in asymmetric operations to suit the needs of the application.
- Message Digest: Computes hash of a given message, with adjustable digest lengths.
- MACs: Computes message authentication code of a given message, with adjustable bit security.
- Shared Secret Key: Symmetric message encryption and decryption.
- Public Key Cryptography: Asymmetric message encryption under public key, decryption with secret key.
- Zero-Knowledge: Prove knowledge of secret information with Schnorr/ECDHIES signatures.
Add the following line to your
capycrypt = "0.3.1"
This library uses the criterion crate for benches. Running:
Conducts benchmarks in order from lowest security to highest. For example, the lowest security configuration available in this library is the pairing of E222 with cSHAKE256, while the highest security offered is E521 paired with cSHAKE512.
I make no claims as to the security of this library. It probably shouldn't be used for anything serious. If you find cool ways to make it better, open a PR and I'll gladly engage.