Uses new Rust 2021
|0.3.0||Jun 27, 2022|
|0.2.1||Jun 16, 2022|
|0.2.0||Mar 18, 2022|
|0.1.1||Feb 17, 2022|
|0.1.0||Jan 23, 2022|
#18 in #hashing
342 downloads per month
Used in 6 crates (3 directly)
RustCrypto: Balloon Hash
Pure Rust implementation of the Balloon password hashing function.
This crate contains an implementation of the Balloon password hashing function as specified in the paper Balloon Hashing: A Memory-Hard Function Providing Provable Protection Against Sequential Attacks.
This algorithm is first practical password hashing function that provides:
- Memory hardness which is proven in the random-oracle model
- Password-independent access
- Performance which meets or exceeds the best heuristically secure password-hashing algorithms
Minimum Supported Rust Version
Rust 1.57 or higher.
Minimum supported Rust version can be changed in the future, but it will be done with a minor version bump.
- All on-by-default features of this library are covered by SemVer
- MSRV is considered exempt from SemVer as noted above
Licensed under either of:
at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.