30 stable releases (7 major)
Uses new Rust 2021
|93.5.0||Jun 16, 2022|
|93.2.2||May 27, 2022|
|92.0.1||Mar 25, 2022|
|91.1.2||Apr 19, 2022|
|86.2.0||Nov 2, 2021|
#852 in Cryptography
441 stars & 38 watchers
rc_crypto crate, like its name implies, handles all of our cryptographic needs.
For consumers, it pretty much follows the very rust-idiomatic ring crate API and offers the following functionality:
- Cryptographically secure pseudorandom number generation.
- Cryptographic digests, hmac, and hkdf.
- Authenticated encryption (AEAD) routines.
- ECDH key agreement.
- ECDSA signature verification.
- Constant-time string comparison.
- HTTP Hawk Authentication through the rust-hawk crate.
- HTTP Encrypted Content-Encoding through the ece crate.
- Uses Mozilla-owned-and-audited crypto primitives.
- Decouples us from ring's fast-moving versioning and stability policy.
geckowill avoid linking against libsqlite3_sys's libsqlite. See #2882 for context.