7 releases (4 breaking)
|0.5.0||Mar 19, 2023|
|0.4.0||Dec 31, 2020|
|0.3.0||Jun 25, 2020|
|0.2.1||Feb 21, 2020|
|0.1.1||Jan 12, 2019|
#73 in Unix APIs
25 downloads per month
A command line program for detecting the current user's name and environment. A
rust replacement for
hostname with added features.
Documentation on how to use
whome can be found by running:
- Get the user's full name
- Get the user's username
- Get the devices's hostname
- Get the devices's "pretty" or "fancy" name
- Get the devices's desktop environment
- Get the devices's OS name and version
- Get the devices's platform name
Who Me? will at least work on:
- Mac OS
- Web Assembly
Install / Update
To install / update from crates.io, do:
cargo install whome
Licensed under any of
- Apache License, Version 2.0, (LICENSE_APACHE_2_0.txt or https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT License, (LICENSE_MIT.txt or https://mit-license.org/)
- Boost License, Version 1.0, (LICENSE_BOOST_1_0.txt or https://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt)
at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be licensed as described above, without any additional terms or conditions.
If you want help using or contributing to this project, feel free to send me an email at email@example.com.