15 unstable releases (6 breaking)
|0.7.0||Apr 8, 2023|
|0.5.1||Jan 7, 2023|
|0.5.0||Sep 29, 2022|
|0.4.0||Nov 4, 2021|
#274 in Parser implementations
11,734 downloads per month
Used in 14 crates (3 directly)
A Rust crate for handling URNs. Parsing and comparison is done according to the spec (meaning only part of the URN is used for equality checks). Some RFCs define per-namespace lexical equivalence rules, those aren't taken into account here.
RFC2141 is more lenient than RFC8141 at times (and vice versa), care is taken to be able to parse either of them. When percent encoding URN components, the resulting URNs will always be valid for both RFC2141 and RFC8141 parsers. However, percent encoding/decoding rules may be different for some namespaces.
Serde support is available behind a feature flag.
no_std support is
available if you disable the default "std" feature.
alloc is optional
UrnSlice is a borrowed URN,
Urn is an owned URN. See
docs.rs for documentation.
URNs have a surprising amount of obscure details to the point I'm not sure if other URN parsers can be trusted! Granted, there's very little of them because almost nobody really needs URNs...
- 0.1.0 - initial release
- 0.1.1 - add
- 0.2.0 - remove
Urn::parsefunction in favor of
FromStr, improved docs
- 0.2.1 - remove files left over from 0.1
- 0.3.0 - major implementation changes, remove
Namespace(thanks to u/chris-morgan for help)
- 0.3.1 - fix a panic on empty NSS and add "?=" terminator to r-component (both "?" and "=" can be part of r-component, but together they terminate it)
- 0.3.2 - add
- 0.3.3 - more precise builder errors; reduce memory footprint by up to 15 bytes (but increase it by 5 bytes on 16-bit platforms)
- 0.3.4 - Serde support by @callym
- 0.4.0 -
- 0.5.0 - changed builder API to accept options for optional components, minor cleanup, fixed a couple potential minor bugs
- 0.5.1 - fix a panic in case there wasn't a valid utf-8 char boundary 4 bytes into the string
- 0.6.0 - add
percentmodule, don't impl
Deref<Target = str>. The crate is getting close to 1.0.
- 0.7.0 - add support for deserializing non-
UrnSlices, always encode valid RFC2141 URNs, check for empty string in
TL;DR do whatever you want.
Licensed under either the BSD Zero Clause License (https://opensource.org/licenses/0BSD), the Apache 2.0 License (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0) or the MIT License (http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT), at your choice.